Friday, November 6, 2009

Time for an update!

I keep forgetting to update my blog. Or, maybe it's just not worth it.
First, the dates.
Alan was a really nice, cute black man. Many phone conversations and finally met for dessert. I really despise when dessert is their suggestion, yet they don't order anything or even attempt to share. I mean, making a girl eat alone, let alone dessert, isn't too cool. And dumb!!! Dumber than the box that the rocks came in. I think it was the 7 years in the Army. We were kissing in the parking lot and I *knew* it wasn't going to turn into a relationship (DUMB and no job, living off his parents!) so I took him home. There's a scratching noise in my kitchen. Ugh, a rat. Caught in a trap that is supposed to humanely kill them but it didn't. He had volunteered to do it, but I just told him I would call the exterminator in the morning. Took him right to the bedroom. HUGE cock! Almost too big, but it was only a one-night thing, so might as well use it, right? After the "deed" and laying there talking, I kindly informed him that he would NOT be spending the night. I never let a guy sleep over until we are actually dating and together for awhile. I mean, I really don't want to see your face the next day. He left and texted me EVERY Friday for 3 months LATE at night. Like after 10pm. Now, if I don't have plans or I'm out, things aren't changing at 11pm. ESPECIALLY if it's a night I am home just chilling. I answered the first few that I was busy, but he kept on texting, almost every Friday. His messages were always "Getting my second wind." WTF??? If we don't talk at ALL during the week and I ONLY hear from you through a text on Friday, how is "Getting my second wind" going to lure me in? I never delete numbers from my phone so that I know who it is. That's a lesson I learned from JFW. So, one night, after such a text, for fun, I wrote: "Who is this and WHY would I meet you at Zipps???" Then, he called and I didn't answer. DUMB.
Now, it would be a couple of months before I even *wanted* to date anyone. I had roof rats. Big, fat, ugly, dirty roof rats. My landlords had an exterminator come every week to set/check the traps. Every week, a rat. Sometimes, the rat wouldn't get to the trap and I would walk into my kitchen, only to see a rat on my countertop. Now, as soon as this "problem" had developed, I completely douched and bleached my kitchen. I had to put my cat food dishes up on my dining room table, because that's what lured them into my place to begin with. My 16-year old cat, Daisey, has been trained to NEVER go on the cupboard/table, and now I have to show her it's OK. The exterminator "rat boy" came every week to check the traps. The one that was stuck in the trap and didn't get killed? He had to borrow a hammer from me to kill it! I heard it screaming from the other side of my apartment! How horrible is that??????? I kept asking my landlords about getting a handyman in there to plug up the holes. It seems that having that done would actually SAVE them the cost of having an exterminator come, every week, for 3 months. I kept getting the same excuse "My email must have gone to his spam box because I haven't heard from him yet." Uh....then find another one???? You have a tenant who's been in your building for over 3 years. Take care of them!!! Forward to the next guy...
I dated a guy named Mike for two weeks. I usually don't want someone to meet my friends right away, but I just figured this time "What the heck" and had him meet us out for grilled cheese sandwiches. We had talked on the phone for a couple of weeks before meeting, and would talk for at least an hour every night. We had a lot in common: music, disbelief in religion, and the same political views. Funny how in person, someone can be so BORING!!!!! I didn't even WANT a kiss the first night. So, gave it a second chance and met at FEZ. Had a great time. He brought me a CD and some candy (he had asked me earlier in the week what my favorite was) and I kissed him in the parking lot, but didn't invite him home. I did, though, the next week, invite him over for dinner. He was always buying me things and seemed really nice. He even brought a toy and treats for Dexter. While we are waiting for dinner to get done (rice seems to take forever when you're with someone uber-boring!), I hear a scratching noise in the bathroom. My stomach dropped. As I walked in, there's my cat, CHANK, cornering a...rat. You have GOT to be kidding me! I finally have a guy over and this is what I get. Mike gets the rat trapped in a corner of my closet and neither one of us know what to do. I can't kill it. He can't kill it. So, I get a plyers for him to pick the damn thing up by the tail to whip outside. How embarrassing! We eat. Then he gets a bit too pushy with the physical stuff as we are kissing. I mean, I am NOT going to do anything more than kiss him. I just didn't "feel it" yet. He was a bit aggressive. Was I supposed to put out because he got a rat out of my house??????
The next day, he sent a text, joking, about how he'd been in the bathroom all night because of my food. I knew he was joking, and we texted a bit more, then he sends one saying that I'm a "bad girl who needs a spanking." WTF????? You've known me for less than 2 weeks and you think it's ok to talk to me like that???? I sent him a text back that said "You don't know me well enough to talk to me like that." Never heard from him again.
That was September. A couple weeks later, I agree to go out with an adorable, smart, funny black guy named Tyrone or something. I seriously don't remember his name. When you are going to ask me to get a bite to eat, and you suggest Applebee's, red flag number one gets raised. I suggest apps at Harley's. I don't expect everyone to be rich, but APPLEBEE'S???? Come on! So, as we are ordering, we begin to talk about politics. We have the same views and are both big supporters of Obama. This is where things get REALLY ugly. He says that Obama is likely to get shot because he's black. OK, well, maybe at one time that would have been the reason, but with all the changes he's trying to make and all the fucking Bush clean-up, I respond with: "Well, I think it will be because of the things he's trying to do, not for the color of his skin. McKinley was white. So was Lincoln. Oh, and Reagan." He gets up, loudly, at MY restaurant, says "You're a fucking racist!" and walks out. the place was nearly empty, but I know all of the employees very well. I am there almost every week, if not month. Ed, the bartender, just looked at me, jaw dropped open. I was so embarrassed!!!! I stayed back, didn't want to meet up with the guy in the parking lot to get yelled at again. As I was leaving, he was pulling out. Gave me the finger.
Geesh! If I were a racist, would I knowingly go out with a black guy????? That's just ignorant. He was one of those "poor me, I'm black" guys.
Whatev!!!!

1 comment:

ayesha said...

I love this dating update. Don't forget about your blog! I LOLed several times reading this post.