Friday, August 13, 2010

The past few weeks...

I haven't really done a whole lot of dating, but I did go out with two guys this month.
Sometimes, I attract the losers. I don't know what they think they can gain from being with me. I mean, I have a nice place, a nice car and a good job. But I'm fucking broke. Anyway, this guy RJ seemed pretty cool. He had a 1968 Coronet, and I'm a car junkie. So, we make plans to do ice cream and a movie. Turns out, he said his "car was in the shop." And that it got stolen and shit was wrong with the rear suspension. Ok, somewhat believable. So, I agree to pick him up. Well, as soon as he gave me the address, I knew this was not going to be anything past that night. 26th St & Van Buren. THE WORST neighborhood in Phoenix. RIGHT across the street from THE state mental hospital. AND he lives in one of those extended stay motels. Just pulling in there gave me hives, but it's not like I could just drive by, since he knew my car and was waiting outside. Grrrrreat. So, we go for ice cream and a movie. He paid for everything, which is unusual. He was a touchy-feeling person, which I guess is what I needed that night because it felt good during the movie. It was past midnight when the movie ended, and it was a Thursday night, so there was no way I was going to do anything more than just drop him off. I guess he was bummed I didn't go inside when I took him home. Um...I was NOT going to leave my car parked there. Strike one.
The next day, I asked him about his living situation and got some story about taking over his friend's lease, but she hadn't moved yet. Red flag. I could tell it was just a story, so I emailed him my dating requirements.
1. Must have own place, even if you live with roommates, it can't be a freaking week-to-week motel.
2. Must have car.
3. Must have driver's license. And insurance. AND registration.
4. No more than 1 baby mama. At my age, it's tough to find someone with NO kids, so I have to let something slide a little.
There were a couple more. Anyhow, his stories about his car and living situation just seemed bogus. I didn't hear from him for a couple days, and he texted me, saying he was trying so hard to get to know me. I reminded him kindly about what he'd have to do in order to actually date me. Pathetic. How does a 35-year old person NOT do adult things?????
Then, there's Dexter. Yes. Same name as my dog. Really funny guy. Personal trainer. I went to his place, and he was making dinner. Well, I attempted to go to his place but ended up at the place across the street. It was a total dive. *sigh* I knock on what I *thought* was his apartment and some old guy answered. Apparently, I was not in the right place. Phew! Went across the street and it's a really nice condo complex. Nice cars parked out front. Nice condo, tastefully decorated. We already had some things in common. In fact, he knew exactly where I lived because he knew my dead landlord. He didn't know he had died.
Anyway, we watched a movie and I went home. It was a really nice evening. I'll definitely be seeing him again, this weekend sometime.
I'll have to call him Mr. Dexter, though. My dog will have to be Lil Dexter. For the time being, of course. I like this one.

No comments: